The serial bank robber nicknamed the “Too Tall Bandit” has struck again. FBI agents and local law enforcement believe the robber is responsible for at least 16 bank robberies in Tennessee, North and South Carolina. The most recent robbery happened Friday, Nov. 27, at the United Community Bank in Etowah, North Carolina.
This video, provided by the FBI, includes footage several bank robberies that investigators believe were the work of the Too Tall Bandit. Viewers are asked to pay close attention to the way he walks in hopes of helping identify the serial bank robber.
FBI agents are working with state and local partners to determine if this suspect is connected to other robberies. The FBI is asking the public to help identify the suspect and is offering a reward of up to $15,000.
The “Too Tall Bandit” is described as a white male, approximately 40 years old, standing 6 feet, 2 inches tall to 6 feet, 6 inches tall, 210 to 250 pounds, possibly with brown eyes. He speaks with a deep voice and walks with a limp affecting his right leg. In each robbery, the suspect is heavily disguised with a mask, coat and gloves. He is armed with a black handgun and often jumps over the teller’s counter.
The FBI believes these robberies were committed by the same suspect:
• Nov. 27, 2009, Volunteer State Bank, 2920 Highway 31 W., White House, Tennessee.
• Nov. 12, 2010, Sumner Bank & Trust, 780 Browns Lane, Gallatin, Tennessee.
• Nov. 9, 2012, SunTrust Bank, 731 Cool Springs Blvd., Franklin, Tennessee.
• March 31, 2014, First Tennessee Bank, 11864 Kingston Pike, Farragut, Tennessee.
• Nov. 24, 2014, Tri-Summit Bank, 156 East Broadway Blvd., Jefferson City, Tennessee.
• Nov. 13, 2015, Home Federal Bank, 3671 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.
• Oct. 27, 2016, Capital Bank, 136 Concord Road, Knoxville, Tennessee.
• Nov. 25, 2016, First Citizens Bank, 104 Edgewood St., Lyman, South Carolina.
• Nov. 16, 2016, Home Trust Bank, 140 Airport Road, Arden, North Carolina.
• Nov. 17, 2017, BB&T Bank, 263 East Broadway Blvd., Jefferson City, Tennessee.
• Nov. 24, 2017, Citizen’s National Bank, 813 Huckleberry Lane, Knoxville, Tennessee.
• Oct. 26, 2018, BB&T Bank, 818 Church St. N., Concord.
• Dec. 21, 2018, BB&T Bank, 850 Merrimon Ave., Asheville.