KANNAPOLIS — The Cabarrus Health Alliance will host multiple drive-thru clinics for the COVID-19 vaccine, with the next being Saturday, Jan. 2. The clinics will be at the Cabarrus Arena & Events Center at 4751 N.C. 49, Concord, NC 28025. No appointment is necessary.
As the local public health authority, the Cabarrus Health Alliance is required to follow the state’s phased approach to administering the vaccine.
Phase 1a: Health care workers fighting COVID-19 and Long-Term Care staffers and residents.
• Health care workers caring for and working directly with patients with COVID-19, including staff responsible for cleaning and maintenance in those areas.
• Health care workers administering vaccine.
• Long-term care staff and residents — people in skilled nursing facilities and in adult, family and group homes.
Phase 1b — Group 1:
• Anyone 75 years or older, regardless of health status or living situation.
People who would like to receive the vaccine are asked to do the following:
1. Print and bring the completed registration form that can be accessed at www.cabarrushealth.org/COVIDreg
2. Bring a copy of their insurance card (front and back).
3. Bring proof of ID that qualifies them as being in Phase 1a or Phase 1b — Group 1 (75 years or older).
Visit www.cabarrushealth.org/COVIDvax for vaccine information. Direct questions to CHA’s health Information telephone line at 704-920-1213.